Blueberry Lemon Muffins with Cream Cheese Filling & Streusel Topping (Gluten-Free Too!)
These nutrient-packed, gluten-free muffins are moist, delicious and flavorful.
Make these to share them with people that you care about and they will taste the love!
Use the best quality ingredients for the most flavor and nutrition.
My family loved these and here my 3 year old son was trying to grab one off the cooling rack with anticipation of yumminess. Everyone devoured them!
Blueberry Lemon Muffins with Cream Cheese Filling & Streusel Topping:
- 6 oz. organic cream cheese
- 4 T. organic maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla bean powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 c. organic butter, melted
- 1/4 c. raw local honey
- 6 organic eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 4 drops lemon essential oil* (optional)
- 2 tsp organic maple syrup
- 1 c. raw goat milk (substitute cow, coconut, almond milk or buttermilk)
- 1/2 c. coconut flour
- 1/2 c. almond flour
- 1/2 c. gluten-free flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 c. frozen blueberries
- 2 drops lemon essential oil*
- 1/2 c almond flour
- 2 T organic butter
- 2 T organic turbinado sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- pinch salt
- Preheat over to 350 F degrees, and prepare a muffin pan with paper liners.
- Mix the filling first in a small bowl. Add the cream cheese, maple syrup, vanilla and salt and mash with a fork until consistent.
- To prepare the muffin batter, mix the oil, honey, eggs, vanilla, lemon essential oil, maple syrup and milk in a medium size bowl with a whisk. Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add the wet and dry ingredients together and combine well. Fold in the blueberries.
- Fill the muffin cups 1/3 way with muffin batter. Then take a small spoonful of the cream cheese filling and place it in the center of the muffin batter in the cups. Fill the muffin cups with the rest of the batter.
- In a small bowl combine the crumb streusel topping ingredients. Mix together with a fork or fingers. Then crumble and sprinkle atop the muffins.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes until golden brown on the top. Remove muffins from pan and cool on rack for 10 minutes. Enjoy!
*I only use therapeutic grade essential oils in my recipes because they are pure, high-grade, and testing is verified by 3rd party labs. Be cautious with essential oils! Only use the best. To find out more about essential oils go here.