Oh wow, I am falling in love with smoothies again because of the luscious powerful flavor (as well as other benefits) that essential oils are bringing to my cup of smooth superfood deliciousness.
With the added benefit of the essential oil flavor, it really covers up any bitterness from super foods or nutritional powders that I may also add in on various occasions. Plus, essential oils are high in antioxidants and the wild orange and lime essential oils help to stimulate the lymphatic system which enhances detoxification and immunity.
This smoothie is so tasty and uplifts my mood with the taste of the wild orange and lime essential oils complimenting the bright flavor of the berries. The mango, banana and avocado provide a smooth creamy base that blends so well with the omega 3 and 6 nutrient-rich chia and hemp seeds. This creates a flavorful smoothie that is nourishing in protein, minerals, vitamins, antioxidants and essential fatty acids - and tastes awesome!
Two important things to know when adding essential oils to your smoothies:
1. First, is to only use essential oils which are tested rigorously with independent labs for purity and potency. I only use essential oils for internal or culinary uses that have received the highest level of testing for purity and potency.
2. Also, it's vital to drop the essential oils onto a spoon to measure before adding them to your recipe - so that you don't add too much straight to your recipe. Each drop of essential oils is very potent, so you want to make sure you measure properly, especially with citrus or peppermint oils which tend to drip fast.
Berry Citrus Smoothie
- 1 banana
- 2 c. frozen mixed berries
- 1 c. frozen mango
- 1 medium Hass avocado
- 3 T. raw hemp seeds
- 2 T. chia seeds
- 1 scoop green powder
- 4 c. water
- 2 drops wild orange essential oil*
- 2 drops lime essential oil*
Blend until smooth (I use a Vitamix high speed blender for 30 seconds or more).
Use all organic fruits for optimal nutrition and taste.
Serves 2 - 4.
*To find out more about essential oils contact me.